- You may think you know this song, but I’m guessing you’ve never heard THIS version. Perhaps, this would be good background music for considering the idea of generativity: the developmental stage of becoming less selfISH and more selfLESS that often happens when folks become parents.
- PTSD and the Dad/Partner Experience is REAL. Here’s list of symptoms to be on the lookout for during or after birth – no matter how the birth turned out.
- Here are resources for veterans suffering from PTSD: Wounded Warrior Project & US Dept of Veteran’s Affairs National Center for PTSD.
- Prevention & Treatment of Traumatic Childbirth (PATTCh) has resources specifically focused on the Dad’s experience.
- This research article from online journal Nature discusses “physiological coupling” & the power of partner’s touch.